Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Some Marriage Advice

Some Marriage Advice

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:55 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

If you want to be sneaky, conniving, underhanded and try to surprise your wife. . . DON'T MARRY A SMART AND BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!!!

Before I even got the glaze on the bacon she had figured out what I was up to! :shock:

I saw this some time back and have wanted to make them ever since: Bacon Roses!

Of course, included are a few other non-BBQ related photos.

I Made a little desert for my wife the other night:

Cronuts: A croissant cut and fried like a donut. Quick, easy and delicious!

Cupcakes: My wife has a talent for working with food too! :D She was making these this morning while I was smoking bacon.

Now for the "Roses" :

This is the same preserves that I used on the pork ribs. Ha just enough left to give the roses a sweet zip!

Two Dozen sweet & spicy roses for one hot tamale! :heart:

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:16 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Wow - I've never seen anything at all like that. Great job, Bob! :bbq:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:15 am
sroach well done
well done

That is some real nice work over there..

Umm, when am I invited over to your house? :lol: :D

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:53 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very cool, Bob! But was bacon the only thing you had in the smoker? That would be so unlike you... :wink:

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:50 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

Sound advice, Bob! It all looks GUD! :)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:34 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I know you won't believe me if I told you so, but, yes... a 24 oz. package of thick cut bacon was the only thing in the smoker. Took a little over three hours to make these, start to finish and I was trying to fly under the radar. She was going to be out of the house delivering cupcakes during the assembly. BUT... I got caught. :roll:

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:48 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Super Genius!
My wife's into the whole gourmet, make your own cup cake, thing and she makes some great ones! Fully from scratch - no mixes or canned frostings allowed. She just discovered parchment cupcake cups and they make a huge difference. Just finished last week's, and I mean a week ago last Sunday's, batch. She had only made 4 1/2 dozen. Told her at $3 per, that's what I paid the day before, off of a gourmet cupcake food truck, that she had $162 worth of cupcakes lined up on the counter.
She is also our chief ice cream maker - she's afraid to let me, with my affinity to combine flavors or experiment, get near the ice cream maker. I've only got a rich dark coffee, almost maybe an expresso, ice cream mix, with bean coursely ground mixed in, maybe a little home made hot fudge, and Rum Chata laced in or a Banana Split with fresh bananas, pineapple, & strawberries in a light coffee or mocha or light chocolate ice cream mix, home made hot fudge, finely ground pecans, and Rum Chata laced in. Top either with a good dollop of fresh made whipped cream. She might let me use the ice cream maker this weekend.
She slacked this past Sunday and only made a double recipe fresh cherry and double recipe fresh blueberry cobbler. No ice cream.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:59 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

You probably won't believe this either... she only charged about .50¢ per cup cake! :shock: We usually don't charge family of friends for our time (or overhead). If I cook for someone, they buy the meat and I usually end up footing for the spices, foil, wood, etc... :lol:

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:02 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

"Gourmet" cupcakes have gotten to be big business in the Chicago area and they go anywhere from $3 to about $4.50 per cupcake. My wife bakes for family and we don't charge them - although there's one or two that I should charge admission just to walk through the front door.
I do charge my wife's boss and salesman to smoke fish. I get 25% of what they bring me to smoke. My time, my cure or brine, my smoker and smoke wood. Works great for all of us - I don't fish and they don't have smokers.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion