Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion North Carolina Hot Sauce Show Oxford, NC

North Carolina Hot Sauce Show Oxford, NC

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:55 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Anyone thinking about going?

Anyone ever been?

Looked like it might be a fun thing.

-YB
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
New Braunfels Hondo offset
Bar-B-Chef offset
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Q-220

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Looks at the faces of the pepper-eating contestants, especially the guy on the end in the NC State shirt!

That does look like a fun day, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of NC-style barbecue!

Cactus1 well done
well done

Just looked at the video and now it's a "bucket list" thing for me.
I have a shop that I like in St. Charles, MO - Figuero's - and I can do major damage there.
Our pantries and refrigerator have needed reorganizing for a long time and I tackled that project today - my sauce shelf has 102 unopened hot sauces and 27 barbecue sauces or marinades. There are 9 open hot sauces and 6 open barbecue sauces in the refrigerator.
17 kinds of pickles and 11 peppers unopened - I made a stop at the Pickle Factory in Angola, IN when I passed through last week and stocked up. 9 opened jars of pickles and peppers in the refrigerator.
Guess I'm a sauce, pickle, and pepper junkie. Plus I've been know to whip up a batch or two of my own when the mood or taste buds strike me just right.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

d_holck well done
well done

Cactus1 wrote:
... my sauce shelf has 102 unopened hot sauces ... 27 barbecue sauces or marinades ... 9 open hot sauces ... 6 open barbecue sauces ... 17 kinds of pickles and 11 peppers unopened ... 9 opened jars of pickles and peppers in the refrigerator...Guess I'm a sauce, pickle, and pepper junkie.

:shock:
Wow... Master of Understatement! Either that's a big pantry or there's not much room for anything else...
"... mmmmmmm 'bacon'."

CG Outlaw w/SFB
UDS
Old classic Weber Kettle

YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I used to be that way too.
Got voted out of the pantry space.
(Oh yeah, my vote didn't count)

So what am I doing at a sauce festival!!
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
New Braunfels Hondo offset
Bar-B-Chef offset
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Q-220

Old Smoker well done
well done

I just saw this yesterday, it's a good drive to there from Charlotte but it's worth keeping in mind for next year. I won't get into the eating contest but would like to see what kind of sauces they have.
22.5 WSM - Chargriller - Traeger Texas
I cook to eat not to compete

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

d_holck wrote:
Cactus1 wrote:
... my sauce shelf has 102 unopened hot sauces ... 27 barbecue sauces or marinades ... 9 open hot sauces ... 6 open barbecue sauces ... 17 kinds of pickles and 11 peppers unopened ... 9 opened jars of pickles and peppers in the refrigerator...Guess I'm a sauce, pickle, and pepper junkie.

Wow... Master of Understatement! Either that's a big pantry or there's not much room for anything else...

Yeah - I'd really love to see a pic of that. I've only got a couple of dozen. Most are opened, too, but I go through it at a good pace. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Cactus1 well done
well done

d_holck wrote:
Cactus1 wrote:

Big pantry. Expanded our powder room into a full accessible bathroom several years ago. Bonus was it also expanded the entryway from the garage into the kitchen. Have 4 3' wide X 20" deep shelves on either side of the door into the kitchen with an open doorway between the "pantry" and rest of the kitchen. Pantry area had gotten totally "out of control". Stuff on shelves in a haphazard way. Took everything down one shelf at a time and reorganized last week. That's why I know exactly how many unopened sauces, pickles, & peppers I have. I have a full half of this pantry for my sauces, rubs, aluminum pans, barbecue tools, dedicated grill pans, fish grates, etc.
We also have one of those doored pantry shelf units in the kitchen for dry goods like pancake mixes, cereals, noodles & rice, etc.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion