Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pizza Party

Pizza Party

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:22 am
Griffin well done
well done

Wednesday night of last week, Mrs G informed me that she had some co-workers coming over after work Friday and that we were having a pizza party. Really not sure why she didn't ask me and just told me, but oh well. Thursday, I whipped up a batch of dough and some sauce and tossed them in the fridge for Friday night. Friday, I went to do a full clean up of the Egg and pulled out all the guts. I noticed my charcoal grate cracking about a year ago, but its still holding on. I've got a replacement for when I do need to toss it. Crack hasn't grown much, but its expanded on the edge a bit.

I got the dough all prepped and let the girls go to work on their own pies. First up was a pepperoni, Italian Sausage, jalapeno, tomato and peppadew peppers.

The second one was for a vegetarian. I am not sure how I am always cursed/blessed with having a vegetarian come over. Tomato, basil, peppadew and fresh mozz cheese.

Then, I got to finally make one. Pepperoni, salami, Italian sausage,peppadew peppers, red onions and black olives.

By this point nobody was really hungry anymore but we had one more dough left. Not sure what Mrs. G put on this one but it looks like pepperoni, Italian Sausage, black olives and red onions.

Everybody had a great time and raved on the pizzas. First time using peppadew peppers on pizza and I got to say that I really like them. They start off a little sweet and then you get just a bit of heat. Nowhere near a jalapeno (and what I saw was about 1,100 on the Scoville unit) so non spice lovers can stand them. Gonna use them more in the future for sure. Already got another idea for them as we speak.

One of the women brought her dog, a Morkie (part maltese and part yorkie over) All three dogs played hard all night long. I love it because its so cute and also the next day, our dogs are usually like this all day long:

We totally forgot about cooking on Saturday. We decided to take it easy, still didn't know what we were cooking until I stumbled on a show about chili on Travel Channel. Chili it was. Mrs. G ran to the store and got home just at A&M was kicking off. I guess I could have cooked the chili on the Egg, I've done it before, but laziness took over and we ended up doing it on the stove. Texas Chili, no beans y'all, ya hear? And yes, the Shiner went in the chili.

We really enjoyed the game. I wasn't sure who to root for. Part of me wanted to root for the Texas team, but part of me still feels like they are traitors for leaving the Big 12. I ended up rooting for whoever was on offense.

Sunday, we took it even easier and hit up three little parties and ate their food and drank their beer. Sometimes lazy is good, even if you know can cook better food. It's more important to spend time with good friends.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:55 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

After turning out pizzas like that I'd say you deserved a couple of days off! And I agree - sometimes cooking takes a back burner (ha ha) to other important things (like free food and free beer :lol: ).

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:02 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

Nice looking pizza Griff! Reminds me that I haven't done any for a while. Did get from one of the Chicago area "old school" places for dinner tonight, but it's just not the same as hot off the grill.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:25 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I especially like the look of the crust, as it doesn't look "perfect". To me that says it's handmade. Great job, Griffin - thanks a lot for the pics! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion