Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Ribs n' Chix (PIX)

Ribs n' Chix (PIX)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:36 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

I thought there would not be enough meat on the ribs leftover from butchering the dry-aged subprimal (wrong) so I picked up a split chix for $6.50 at the local supermarket. Just sprinkled them with Adobo seasoning (too lazy to make a rub.) Finished with Sweet Baby Ray's. Turned out GREAT (but there were leftovers from just the two of us..) Minimal time and effort (let alone cash) for a pretty tasty meal ..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:04 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

They look great! Even though the ribs are done a little more than I like my beef I'll bet they were terrific.

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:32 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

Looks great! From the time of your post, there was still time to pack up them leftovers and make the last FedEx Overnight drop. They would have been a good lunch for me tomorrow. :mrgreen:
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:59 am
phillyjazz well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
They look great! Even though the ribs are done a little more than I like my beef I'll bet they were terrific.

IMO, there are two ways to do beef ribs. Medium Rare, like Prime Rib, or falling off the bone tender. I let these smoke about 5 hours at 250 before turning up the hear to caramelize. They get a lot more smoke flavor and the rub is more pronounced. These probably hit the 205F temp (I didn't use any heat shield as I do with a Brisket.)
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:16 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

phillyjazz wrote:
ScreamingChicken wrote:

IMO, there are two ways to do beef ribs. Medium Rare, like Prime Rib, or falling off the bone tender. I let these smoke about 5 hours at 250 before turning up the hear to caramelize. They get a lot more smoke flavor and the rub is more pronounced. These probably hit the 205F temp (I didn't use any heat shield as I do with a Brisket.)

Those are two of the ways I like to do beef ribs too. The third is the way Steven prepares short ribs Korean-style - by cutting them and unrolling them into long strips and quickly grilling them under high direct heat.

Those particular ribs, however, look just perfect. Excellent pics, Philly! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion