Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion What gives for Rocktober???

What gives for Rocktober???

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:33 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Question:

Anything planned for October's OBP? I'm a thinkin' since it is football season, post season baseball, and preseason basketball, folks might want to do something like wings or pizza or BBQ submarines (but whatever)? :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:35 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

We're due for a chicken party so wings would definitely get my vote!

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:24 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Well, you'd better vote, then.... :D

And now I'm going back to the Breaking Bad marathon on AMC. Wake me on Tuesday for the results. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:42 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Vote cast. I'm with Brad on this one. I wonder if anyone would do turkey wings, or buffalo wings (though I've never seen a buffalo with wings). Have heard of pigs on the wing (Pink Floyd).
Got beer???

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:24 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I think that pig would be the best animal ever. Think of it - pulled pork, ribs, ham, maybe a few steaks and chops, and wings to boot!

So if we have any mad genetic engineers on the board, this may be a great idea - even better than turducken. :twisted:

5 1/2 hours of BB marathon to go, and then one of the greatest shows on TV ends. :cry: But then, Walking Dead starts up again in a few weeks so that's OK.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:10 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Turkey wings are great on the grill! They don't seem to be a regular item in the stores I patronize so when I see some I more often than not will buy them.

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:02 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

I'm the guy that voted for chili. I have a "killer" recipe that kind of woke me up about 2:00 one morning. By 4:30 when I went back to bed I think I had a decent comp chili and 3 or 4 variations.
I was supposed to cook a friendly neighborhood chili cook-off this weekend in a buddy of mine's neighborhood this weekend but didn't commit to doing it because I thought I might be out of town. Going to have to try it out this month one way or the other.
I can do wings no problem. Monday, October 14, will be Canadian Thanksgiving. Will have to do a batch of Buffalo turkey wings to celebrate. First time I ever did them for Canadian Thanksgiving, back in 1997, I ordered 50 split - 100 pieces - from my butcher. Had enough Buffalo turkey wings to feed a hungry platoon of the Canadian Army.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion