Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pit Barrel Cooker (Now with pics)

Pit Barrel Cooker (Now with pics)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:27 am
jhumpert well done
well done

After a long 3 weeks between Job hunting and more job hunting today was a great day. First off we were on the way to see my niece who was about to make me "Great Uncle Humpy" in the hospital I get a call telling me I am getting an interview on Thursday and I also know 5 of their employees who I used to work with. One of them just happens to sit right next to the guy I am interviewing with so I told him about it and he gave him a good word about me so I am hopeful this goes well Thursday. After an all day of induced labor my niece had her baby by C section at 4:20 this afternoon. Later I get my weekly email from Greg Rempe of the Barbecue central radio show telling who will be on the show tonight and one of the headlines was a giveaway of a free Pit Barrel Cooker playing Font or Cheese. We got home in time to listen to the show so I decided to see if I could actually get thru for the contest and got on the air. I started with the first selection with a guess of Font which turned up being correct then took a guess on the second one was a cheese and was also correct so I ended up winning a Pit Barrel Cooker tonight which is being fed ex'd to my house.

I am looking forward to getting my barrel cooker and cant wait to try it out. I will post some pictures once I get the cooker.
Last edited by jhumpert on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
Char-broil offset smoker- Freenie, Pit Barrel Cooker- Barry

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:11 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Congrats, jhumpert! Looks like you needed a break and got it. Glad things are looking up for you - and we can't wait to see the pics, either!
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:22 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's almost too much good news for one day, Jeff! :lol: Congratulations on the new additions!

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:31 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

Thanks Brad and Charredgriller, hopefully I get some good news Thursday afternoon
Jeff

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:54 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

Good deal! Hope you enjoy your new cooker and your interview goes well.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:51 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

Cactus1 wrote:
Good deal! Hope you enjoy your new cooker and your interview goes well.

Thank you Larry
Jeff

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:55 am
Griffin well done
well done

That is awesome. Looks like things are turning up for you. I was looking at Pit Barrel Cookers last week. They look really cool. I even talked to the president of the company and he gave me a personal guarantee that if I bought one and it didn't become my go to grill/smoker, then he would buy it back from me. And that was after he knew I had an Egg. Pretty confident of his product. I may pick one up down the road, but can't do it right now. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:23 am
jhumpert well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
That is awesome. Looks like things are turning up for you. I was looking at Pit Barrel Cookers last week. They look really cool. I even talked to the president of the company and he gave me a personal guarantee that if I bought one and it didn't become my go to grill/smoker, then he would buy it back from me. And that was after he knew I had an Egg. Pretty confident of his product. I may pick one up down the road, but can't do it right now. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

Noah seems to be a pretty good guy. I sent him a message on Twitter thanking him for giving away such a great prize on the radio show and within 5 minutes I had a response back congratulating me for winning it and told me I will absolutely love it. He also told me that if I had any problems or questions to feel free to contact him and he would help me work thru them. I guess from watching videos he sends his business card with personal contact info to get in touch with him directly with every grill that leaves the warehouse. I am very much looking forward to getting it and trying it out.
Jeff

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:29 am
BBQ Deputy

It sounds like the company owner pays attention to his customers - a good thing!

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:50 am
Griffin well done
well done

jhumpert - he personally replied to an e-mail I had within less than 1 hour. Told me to give him a call. I called, but it went to voicemail. Didn't feel like leaving a message and planned on calling him back. Well, he must have seen the number on caller id and called me back even though he had no idea who I was or what I wanted. Long distance from Colorado to Texas no less. Now that is some customer service.

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:29 am
jhumpert well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
jhumpert - he personally replied to an e-mail I had within less than 1 hour. Told me to give him a call. I called, but it went to voicemail. Didn't feel like leaving a message and planned on calling him back. Well, he must have seen the number on caller id and called me back even though he had no idea who I was or what I wanted. Long distance from Colorado to Texas no less. Now that is some customer service.

Griffin, everything I have seen or heard about this company has been excellent. Noah is an Iraq veteran who started the company after returning from the war. Everything is 100% american made, when you call customer support you will be speaking to a person speaking english never an overseas call center, and you have the ability to personally contact Noah directly if you ever have any problems or issues and his business card goes out stapled to the instructions on every grill. Like I said in an earlier post I sent him tweet thanking him for giving away such a great prize on the show and had a response within 5 minutes and we exchanged about 4 messages back and forth.
Jeff

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:04 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

BARRY HAS ARRIVED !!!!!!!!!!

Out of the box and on the stand
Made in USA
Charcoal rack
Vent adjusted for my elevation
Ready to cook
Jeff

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:39 am
BBQ Deputy

Good deal! So was this just a fire to season the inside or did you actually cook something?

EDIT: Never mind. I hadn't gotten to your ribs thread yet. :oops: :lol:

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:47 am
jhumpert well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Good deal! So was this just a fire to season the inside or did you actually cook something?

EDIT: Never mind. I hadn't gotten to your ribs thread yet. :oops: :lol:

Actually Brad because these are brand new barrels there is no need to season cook the barrel or spray any oil on the inside, you can start cooking right out of the box. Also they say on the instructions to not spray or wash the inside of the barrel after cooks and to simply remove the charcoal basket shaking off any leftover ash then dump the barrel after everything is completely cool.
Jeff

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:29 am
sroach well done
well done

jhumpert,

Does it have a bottom or is that the patio or brick that you see when looking down the barrel?

Next

Return to General Discussion