Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Sunday afternoon chicken

Sunday afternoon chicken

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:29 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

This past weekend the store had whole fryers on sale so I picked one up for Sunday dinner.

Saturday afternoon I mixed up a quick paste of butter and poultry seasoning, smeared it under and over the skin, and put it in the fridge until Sunday afternoon.

I hadn't used the rotisserie for a few months so this was a good opportunity to break it out. I used briquettes and a small amount of cherry for flavor, and cookde it at about 375F.

I also had the bright idea to put a pan of dressing under the chicken. It didn't turn out too bad but since I used butter when I made it the additional butter and chicken fat that dripped down made it just a litte rich. It did get pretty crisp on the top and bottom, though.

I made some noodles to make up for the stuffing and Mrs. Chicken made a salad, but this is my plate. :wink:

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:41 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

Looks good to me!
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:20 am
Griffin well done
well done

Good looking yardbird, Brad. One thing I miss having just the Egg is the old rotisserie from my gas grill. Something about meat spinning and fat self basting it is pretty cool in my book.

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:37 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks, guys! Griffin, do you know if anyone has ever adapted a rotisserie to a BGE or similar cooker? Instead of a ring I'm picturing spit cutouts that could be blocked for normal grilling, but I don't know if there'd be clearance issues inside.

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:46 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Looks like everything turned out great, Brad (even the stuffing)! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:25 am
sroach well done
well done

Great color on the Skin brad, I bet it was nice and juicy.

Return to General Discussion