Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Italian Sausage, Potatoes, and Onions

Italian Sausage, Potatoes, and Onions

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:47 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

This is a dish that usually gets done at my house on top of the stove and finished in the oven. Made it tonight, but did it on the grill.
Took my 12" cast iron pan, heated a couple tbsp. of bacon grease, browned my Italian sausage, coated my potatoes in melted bacon grease, added onions, let it all sit on a 350 degree direct fire for about an hour. Pulled the sausages out of the pan and lined them up to crisp them up. Sausages out of the frying pan allowed the potatoes and onions get a little crispy also.
Tried to get some pictures but had a series of storms roll through while the grill was going.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sounds good! :thumbup: I'll have to give that a try sometime.

tbk420 well done
well done

Unfortunately, without pictures it never happened. :wink:

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The wind's been from the south and southeast the past couple of days so I think I smelled it. :wink:

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:05 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

tbk420 wrote:
Unfortunately, without pictures it never happened. :wink:

I'm not the most techno savvy guy in the world. Taking pictures with a Samsung Galaxy S-4 and trying to post from a Samsung laptop with Windows 8. Been playing with 1 picture for over 1/2 hour and having problems trying to get it sized. Just told my wife that I'm going to have to break out the manuals and do some reading.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion