Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Ugly Plates For Serving & Dining

Ugly Plates For Serving & Dining

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:35 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

Screaming Chicken has them ... Beercuer has them ... I've got one ... Good thing we make some decent looking food. We sure have some ugly plates for serving and eating. Maybe everyone should post a picture of their ugly plates.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:06 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Hey, those floral print plates were quite fashionable back in 1970! :lol: I believe we got them from Mrs. Chicken's grandmother and she might've received the set as a premium for opening a bank account. Wait...no, I think it might be our set of pots and pans that the bank handed out.

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:58 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

That's where I got mine. I've only got one left, but grandma gave them to me when I got my 1st apartment. Mine has a bucolic farm scene on it. It's in the dishwasher, but will get a picture tomorrow. Thankfully the bachelor days ended in the early 1980's. You should have seen some of the sheets & pillow cases and bed spread from grandma. Think the department stores saved ugly stuff for her to buy for me. Gotta love her though. Wish I could cook and bake some of her specialties.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:33 am
BBQ Deputy

I checked with Mrs. Chicken this morning and she thinks the plates came from the bank and the cookware came from Jewel. :wink:

Give me good barbecue on ugly plates over bad barbecue on fine china any day! :lol:

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:08 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

The thing that mystifies me is why the ugly plates last forever, and the handsome ones are first to break.
Got beer???

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:06 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Anyone who has seen pics of my cooks knows what I've got for ugly plates. I use a combination of "grannyware" enameled metal plates in black and in blue. Ugly indeed.... :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:17 am
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:
The thing that mystifies me is why the ugly plates last forever, and the handsome ones are first to break.
'Cause if they're too ugly to use they won't get broken! :lol:

Return to General Discussion