Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBQ Pork and Pepper Jack Twice-Baked Potatoes

BBQ Pork and Pepper Jack Twice-Baked Potatoes

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Griffin well done
well done

I was digging around the freezer the other day and found a lost package of pulled pork. Wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. Didn't feel like nachos or tacos or quesadillas. Mrs. G showed me a recipe in her Southern Living for twice baked potatoes with bbq pork. Sounded like a winner to me. Baked the potatoes to 210F (my oven is off so I go by temp not time) and let them cool. Mixed the pork with the taters that we scooped out, some milk, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, green onions and 3 tsp Ranch dressing mix, restuffed them, added about 1/2 cup of cheese on top and baked a little longer, 15 to 20.

Drizzled a bit of Stubbs BBQ sauce on top and dinner was served.

I guess I coulda/shoulda baked them on the Egg, but I was lazy. At least the pork was done on the Egg. I know its not something new and earth shattereing, but it was still darn tasty. And I got to use up some leftovers, I have one more for lunch and even froze two for some future time. :)

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I love baked and twice-baked potatoes, and the addition of some sort of barbecue is a great idea! I'm definitely going to have to give this a try sometime and the recipe's online, which makes it easy. In fact, a recipe search at the Southern Living website turned up a number of twice-baked potatoes...many of which I bet would adapt nicely to the grill!

Griffin well done
well done

Oh man...did I forget to include that link to the recipe? Whoops. I meant to. All we did different (that I can remember) was to add 3 tsp of ranch dressing mix instead of 4 (we had a packet already opened, didn't want to open another one). and we used 8 oz of cheese. I think we used the amount they called for and then used the extra on top to finish off the 8oz bag.

BaasPro medium
medium

Man, that looks good. I haven't tried adding meat, and I never would have though of the Ranch. We like to do twice-baked potatoes by smoking them first while we're doing something like ribs, and then doing the second part indoors.
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Oh, my! Must eat now!

Return to General Discussion