Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Oysters on the grill

Oysters on the grill

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:14 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Anyone love oysters? Anyone love 'em grilled? Check out my visit to the Taylor Oyster Farm on the Washington Coast. http://barbecuebible.com/2013/10/22/oyster-roast-samish-bay/#.Uma_3BY5slI

Post Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:37 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Great idea, Steven! Oooh, I wuv oysters... especially on the grill, and with a little smoke, so much the better. Here's one of my humble little cooks, plated on a bed of linguine with white wine sauce. I like to cook them whole on the grill to preserve all the precious liquor I can.
:bbq:

Got beer???

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:50 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Taylor Farms looks like a great place to visit! As does BC's house, if those oysters are on the menu! :wink: After the kids are on their own Mrs. Chicken and I would like to visit the Northwest and Northeast coasts.

The garlic-lime butter recipe sounds interesting. I wonder what other types of cuisine it would work with...Southwestern/Mexican, perhaps?

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:12 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Taylor Farms looks like a great place to visit! As does BC's house, if those oysters are on the menu! :wink: After the kids are on their own Mrs. Chicken and I would like to visit the Northwest and Northeast coasts.

The garlic-lime butter recipe sounds interesting. I wonder what other types of cuisine it would work with...Southwestern/Mexican, perhaps?

Chicago Bears game and oysters, eh Brad? :wink:

Although this week would have to be St. Louis Cardinal oysters.

Too bad you did not get a response... I'm a thinkin' that garlic-lime butter would work famously on fish tacos. :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:16 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Fish tacos would indeed be a good choice for the butter; in fact, I'll bet it'd be great on almost any kind of seafood!

Return to General Discussion