Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion "American Smoke" Film Screening

"American Smoke" Film Screening

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:15 am
whodking rare
rare

Folks,
The California BBQ Association is hosting a screening of the film "American Smoke" November 16, 2013 in Riverside, CA.

We will have a Potluck Dinner at 7:00pm, followed by the West Coast debut of "American Smoke", a documentary about competition BBQ. Plus, the documentaries producer, Mitch Csanadi, will be flying out from Philadelphia and will talk and answer questions after the showing.

We have also arranged for hotel discounts at the Marriott Courtyard just down the street from the venue for $89.00. Please call the hotel directly at 951-276-1200 and use group code: CBQN

Tickets for the screening are $12.00 per person and are available through Steve Wilson.

CBBQA is getting this whole evening donated at ZERO cost to CBBQA. 100% of the proceeds will go to the childrens charities CBBQA supports.

Please call him at 714-801-7427 or email Steve @ thewils83@hotmail.com

Here is the film trailer link: http://vimeo.com/47271113

Link to CBBQA: http://www.cbbqa.org/wiki/index.php?temp=0

Hope to see you there!!!
Barking Q BBQ Team

Weber 22 WSM
Weber 18.5 WSM
Weber Q
Chargriller Super Pro w/sfb
Weber 22.5" Silver Kettle

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:14 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sounds like it should be a fun evening - too bad I live so far away! :(

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Is this documentary going to be in theaters or available online in the future?

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 pm
whodking rare
rare

The film is now available for purchase online at: http://dirtproduction.blogspot.com/2013 ... smoke.html
Barking Q BBQ Team

Weber 22 WSM
Weber 18.5 WSM
Weber Q

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:55 pm
whodking rare
rare

We are less than a week out for the event. If you haven't signed up, please do so ASAP. This is shaping up to be a great event. We will have some giveaways, great food via our potluck, an informative discussion and 90 minutes of high definition bbq!
Email Steve Wilson at thewils83@hotmail.com
Barking Q BBQ Team

Weber 22 WSM
Weber 18.5 WSM
Weber Q

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:14 pm

I know that this note is coming a wee bit late (since the showing was last Saturday night), but "SPOILER ALERT" - there were several incidents of the "F-bomb" being dropped. Not exactly something that I would want to show my in-laws or my children (if I had any!)!!!

I bought the DVD the week after the American Royal in Kansas City this fall and fortunately watched it with my wife before inviting others over to watch it together. Cancelled plans to have a showing in our house to friends and family as the language (and a scene or two) could have (make that SHOULD HAVE) been edited.

I'm not a prude, and I realize that there are other teams out there that would think this tame, but from a family man perspective it went a bit over the line. Other than that - this is a GREAT documentary!
Tom
CMJ-KCBS
CBJ-MBN,NCBS,NCPC,NCBBQA
Pitmaster-"4 Lil' Pigs" BBQ Team"
Author-"A 'Q' Review"

Return to General Discussion