Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Stuffed pork loin

Stuffed pork loin

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:26 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Last Sunday I was feeling a bit creative so I decided to stuff a pork loin. I started by cutting it twice.
Image Image

But what to stuff it with? How about some basil, oregano, and shredded mozzarella cheese with a little olive oil drizzled over the top. A little tomato sauce and it would've been a pork-crust pizza! :wink:
Image Image

Then I rolled it, tied it, and rubbed it with some more oil.

I decided to sear it on 2 sides and then let it cook indirect until the meat in the very center reached 140.

Some of the cheese did leak out but enough stayed put. The meat was nice and juicy and the flavor of the herbs really came through.

I was really happy with how it turned out and it seemed like it was even better when I reheated some the next day, because a little more fat came out.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:09 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I luv it! That's what I call an exciting pork loin, Brad. "Pizza" made me laugh & think-- you're right. And once you rolled it up, I was thinking "pork stromboli." Beautiful crust by the way!
Got beer???

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:37 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks! The rust was probably the best part, at least visually. I was surprised that I got a little bit of a smoke ring, too.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:08 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice job, Brad! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion