Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion The Christine Burger - Restaurant Style

The Christine Burger - Restaurant Style

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:43 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

My latest burger I call "The Christine." The idea was to build one more in the style of a restaurant or diner version, rather than a fast food. So I went with a few extra touches like bigger rolls and such. I actually made two versions. Both were made with 1/2 lb of 80/20 ground chuck. The first one was a single patty, and the second one was divided into a double quarter pounder. So it was kind of an experiment to see which approach I preferred. Oh yeah, the single patty one I chargrilled, and the double patty I indirect grilled. Turned out I much preferred the double pattied, indirect burger, as it was dripping all over the place.

I'll introduce the toppings. You can see I've got green leaf lettuce, sliced pickles, beefsteak tomatoes, onion, and deluxe American cheese.

I also brushed the buns with bacon drippings before toasting them (oh yummy!). That's Thousand Island dressing you see that I used for my "secret sauce."

Here comes the first burger pics:

And here's the second one, a real D.o.d.g.e. burger (Drips oil, drops grease everywhere). :cheers: Image

Got beer???

BubbaQue well done
well done

They look great. Nothing better than a good backyard grilled burger.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

BubbaQue wrote:
They look great. Nothing better than a good backyard grilled burger.

Thank you, much, Bubba :cheers:

I so agree... something special about the home grilled. I also like to work a little smoke into mine.
Got beer???

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Did you need a building permit for that thing?? :lol: :wink:

sroach well done
well done

Wow :shock: we'll done on that burger!!

Return to General Discussion