Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Your Favorite Beer for the Pit?

Your Favorite Beer for the Pit?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:59 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The 2 new entries have nice color! I like an amber ale that has a definite hop presence.

BC, I'll gladly hand over the camera in exchange for free beer! :lol:

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:05 am
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

I was in Houston TX over the weekend to visit a friend. On Saturday we stopped by Saint Arnold's brewery. Good tour and very good beer. Here I am paying homage to Saint Arnold after the tour. :cheers:

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:52 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Seems to me one cannot go wrong with the monastic type beers and ales, Wiseguy. I bet that was great experience.

ScreamingChicken wrote:
The 2 new entries have nice color! I like an amber ale that has a definite hop presence.

BC, I'll gladly hand over the camera in exchange for free beer! :lol:

Then I am persuaded you would have really enjoyed this one, Brad. Made me wonder what their official pales were like. Oh yes-- especially with such a "lofty" beer!
Got beer???

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:40 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Guess it's been a while since I posted another beer, so here's one for you. I'm thinking that many of you have "been there done that" with this Canadian Moosehead lager that comes from out of New Brunswick???

I have a history with it. In the early '80's, it used to be one of my favs. Then it seems like overnight the formula changed or they brewed it differently, and it lost appeal to me. Recently however, I tried it again, and it regained it's appeal to me. Light bodied, clean and crisp-- a mighty pleasing party or cueing beer. I can drink several of these without feeling regrettably intoxicated.

I can see this pairing really well with pizza or hamburgers especially. ImageImage

Got beer???

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:00 pm
BBQ Deputy

I haven't had a Moosehead in a long time. I try to buy local beers as much as possible but maybe I should give it a try again.

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:25 pm
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

I never heard of Moosehead I got to try it. Lately I been drinking homebrew I still have some Irish Red Ale and some Jalapeno Saison at home. I'm one of those beer geeks that changes his beer with the season so I plan on brewing some stouts pretty soon. Anyone living in the north east should try to pick up some Troegs mad elf 11% ABV my favorite beer for the holidays.
:cheers:

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:24 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:
Guess it's been a while since I posted another beer, so here's one for you. I'm thinking that many of you have "been there done that" with this Canadian Moosehead lager that comes from out of New Brunswick???

I've been drinking this beer on occasion for 26 years and counting. For those who haven't tried it yet, beercuer is right - it's worth a try.

And yes - it seems they change the recipe from time to time but it's good now. I stopped drinking it for a while when they changed the recipe but now they seem to have changed it again. I suspect it happens every time the brewery changes hands. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:25 am
Trollby well done
well done

Currently drinking my new recipe.

NW3C-IPA - Northwest Pale Ale with Centennial, Citra, and Cascade hops that I modified to make an IPA (6.1% ABV and nice grape-fruity hop flavors)

Have a X-mas Spiced Ale in the works right now, hope it will be done in time for X-mas, might be more ready New Years

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:27 am
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

Looks good Trollby. I was suppose to brew some smoked wheat Ale for my winter beer yesterday but I got lazy. I hope I have time to do it next week. :cheers:

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:22 pm
BBQ Deputy

That's a nice-looking beer, Trollby! Sounds like it's good and hoppy.

I recently had some Potosi Fiddler Oatmeal Stout and it was pretty good.

Post Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:43 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

A festive beer. I really enjoyed it

Post Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:42 pm
BBQ Deputy

I like the color. Does it have any holiday-style flavors?

Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:48 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

No Holiday flavors. Basically a hoppy ale. Very crisp and clean flavor on the malt side with the hop bite

Post Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:35 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:18 pm
BBQ Deputy

Ooo, the neck is wax-dipped...fancy! :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion