Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Anybody cooking this weekend?

Anybody cooking this weekend?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:17 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Often the weekend following a holiday is pretty low-key...anybody around here planning on firing up the cooker? I've assembled the ingredients for my holiday block party entry and I was going to make it tonight, but Mrs. Chicken has Sunday off (she works in retail and the hours really pick up this time of year) so I've postponed things until then. I might have to do something tomorrow, though, since I'm on my own...

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:03 pm
jstewart well done
well done

I'm going to be busy at the soccer fields tomorrow, possibly. Looks like rain may cause problems, and if it shuts down our fields, I'm probably not going to try and cook anything outside tomorrow. Sunday, however, looks promising and I have Tri-tip and corn on the cob planned....here is to hoping the weather holds.......
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:56 pm
BBQ Deputy

Good to hear from you, Jimmy. We're dealing with some weather, too, but I think it's a little different than yours. Good luck!

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:18 am
d_holck well done
well done

Nothing this weekend, but worked on a rotisserie rig for my Weber that I'll share pics of as soon as I'm finished.
"... mmmmmmm 'bacon'."

CG Outlaw w/SFB
UDS
Old classic Weber Kettle

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:01 pm
BaasPro medium
medium

I didn't plan on it because of the weather, but when I found we were going to have a house guest for the night I decided to do a rack of ribs on the Weber kettle late. Pulled them off just as the freezing rain started to fall. Nice bedtime snack for the kids after movie night...

ribs.JPG
ribs.JPG (107.5 KiB) Viewed 923 times
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:31 pm
jstewart well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Good to hear from you, Jimmy. We're dealing with some weather, too, but I think it's a little different than yours. Good luck!

I don't think there is really any comparison between the weather out here in southern California and what you guys endure :!: It was cold and rainy and we did manage to get all of our games in.....even if we didn't, I wouldn't have been cooking outside. Today is much nicer and I'll be starting the fire here in a few minutes......have tri-tip and corn on the cob planned :D :D Hope others have been able to enjoy their weekend.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:16 am
BBQ Deputy

BaasPro wrote:
I didn't plan on it because of the weather, but when I found we were going to have a house guest for the night I decided to do a rack of ribs on the Weber kettle late.
Good choice - looks like they turned out great!

Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:52 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It was kinda tough to cook this weekend as we had a freak cold front move through. At one point with the wind chill the temps outside dropped to -50° C (-58°F).
About all I felt like doing was to curl up with a big down comforter and wait for my car to defrost. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion