Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion The Ultimate Holiday Centerpiece

The Ultimate Holiday Centerpiece

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:02 pm
JuliaBBQB User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

Forget flowers! Steven says the ultimate holiday centerpiece is a prime rib and I'd have to agree. This huge hunk of meat is guaranteed to impress your guests.

See Steven's post and get some tips about what to buy:
http://barbecuebible.com/2013/12/06/ult ... prime-rib/

What will your centerpiece be? Don't forget to post pictures so we can all be envious.

Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:51 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'd have to say that the only thing that comes close to the visual impressiveness of a full prime rib is a whole turkey. And while I do like turkey it's no contest when it comes to taste.

I wonder if a select prime rib would be any good.

Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:21 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
I'd have to say that the only thing that comes close to the visual impressiveness of a full prime rib is a whole turkey. And while I do like turkey it's no contest when it comes to taste.

I wonder if a select prime rib would be any good.

I actually prefer a full prime rib to a turkey - that would be due to the influence of the Scottish and Irish side of my family. And thanks to whoever posted a link to the site below I've found a lot more information too:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/12/the-food-lab-how-to-cook-roast-a-perfect-prime-rib.html

Now I'm very skeptical about anything that says "perfect" (ya think???) but the above article makes some very interesting points. So much so that I'm wondering if it might be possible to adapt the recipe to smoking, as that might make it even more "perfect". :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion