Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Burgers with bacon, parmesan, and provolone

Burgers with bacon, parmesan, and provolone

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Awhile back I'd bought a package of Burger's "bacon for seasoning" so over the weekend I decided to use it for some burgers. I can't find the actual product on the website but this might be pretty close.

I took a few pieces and diced and browned them.
Image Image Image

I grated up a pile (I went by sight and didn't actually measure) of parmesan cheese, mixed it and the bacon into a pound of ground beef, and formed the result into 3 patties.
Image Image Image

I chose to grill the patties over a medium direct fire and just before they were done I put a piece of provolone cheese on each. There were only 3 pieces of provolone in the package, which is how I decided to make 3 burgers. :lol:

The salt from the bacon and parmesan were more that enough to season the meat, and the cheese added a subtle flavor that was a little tangy/sharp. The nice thing about a grated hard cheese is that it's less likely to melt out during the cooking process.

The next morning I decided to cook up the rest of the bacon for breakfast and I learned why it was packaged as "bacon for seasoning": it was significantly more salty than regular bacon! In fact, it was salty to the point where I could only eat a little bit, but in the burgers the salt dissipated nicely.

Return to General Discussion