Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Prime Rib, Part Two

Prime Rib, Part Two

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:18 pm
JuliaBBQB User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

First, Steven told you how to buy the perfect prime rib. Now, he's giving tips about how to prep and cook this hulking piece of meat:

http://barbecuebible.com/2013/12/13/prime-rib-meets-grill-part-two/

If you do tackle a prime rib soon, don't forget those pictures. We want a bit of eye candy!

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:18 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

Did this on my gasser a couple of days ago (salt encrusted.) It doesn't really pick up any smoke flavor that way, but you can't beat the "edge to edge" results that salt encrusting gives..
Before I encrusted it with salt, I put it in a plastic bag with fresh ground pepper and herbes de Provence, and gave it a good shake. And of course, as chef, I gnawed the bones while resting the main course...

- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:50 am
d_holck well done
well done

Here's mine. Trial run on the rotisserie was a success!
Attachments
Beef Roast on Rotisserie 2013-12-14.jpg
Beef Roast on Rotisserie 2013-12-14.jpg (253.05 KiB) Viewed 865 times
"... mmmmmmm 'bacon'."

CG Outlaw w/SFB
UDS
Old classic Weber Kettle

Post Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:56 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Both look great! I have leftover brisket and pork for breakfast today but I'd trade it for prime rib! :thumbup:

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:59 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

I really miss my rotisserie. I may buy another for the gasser. One tip I have for Prime Rib on a spit is to spear it FRONT to BACK... (Parallel with the bones.) That way there is no unsightly hole through each slice. Chances are you will not even SEE a hole after it is sliced.
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:57 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

phillyjazz wrote:
I really miss my rotisserie. I may buy another for the gasser. One tip I have for Prime Rib on a spit is to spear it FRONT to BACK... (Parallel with the bones.) That way there is no unsightly hole through each slice. Chances are you will not even SEE a hole after it is sliced.

That's for certain. It looks a bit funny on the spit, but if you slice it just right there's no hole to be seen. And even if there is you can keep that slice for yourself. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion