Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Surf & turf

Surf & turf

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:43 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

On Thursday I found a package of frozen stuffed clams at the store so I thought it'd be interesting to try them on the grill. Sure, fresh would've been better but for $6 I figured I'd take a chance.

Once the surf was taken care of I decided to round out the meal with some turf. Specifically, a thick t-bone.

Since this month's Block Party theme is side dishes I decided to try grilling carrots. After looking around online I decided to mix some butter and balsamic vinegar to use as a seasoning paste, and after the carrots were done I put them back into the dish and they melted the butter into a nice glaze.
Image Image

A hot fire and cast iron are perfect for beef.

The clams took the longest and partway through I drizzled a little olive oil on each.

My plate. Looks like I forgot to add the clams.

Since I don't eat carrots this has to be Mrs. Chicken's plate. She liked the carrots although she would've preferred less balsamic vinegar, and we both liked the steak and the clams. If I'd made them they would've had more crab and clam and less filler in the filling, but even so they tasted pretty good.

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:25 pm
BaasPro medium
medium

Looks good! Grilled carrots are great, huh?!? I just figured that out last year. I didn't even know I liked carrots, except for in slaw.
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:39 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'm not sure why I at least didn't give one a taste...I've been trying to be better about tasting foods that I wouldn't ordinarily eat, but carrots just don't work for me. However, given that they turned out pretty good I'll probably be grilling them again, so I'll get another chance.

Next up may be turnip or rutabaga slices. Olive oil, salt, pepper, maybe a little red pepper flake...

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:03 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Looks great, Brad! I'm not a huge carrot fan myself either except in slaw or soups and stews, but I'd try those ones just because of the balsamic vinegar.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion