Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Just some pork chops

Just some pork chops

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:07 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Awhile back I picked up some good-looking pork chops at the store and about a week ago I grilled a pair of them. While I certainly don't need a reason to grill I wanted to play around with some old-school photo gear and this was a good opportunity.

After poking around online I decided on an herb paste. I can't remember where I found the recipe but it was basically parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, and garlic...kind of a Scarborough Fair chimichurri. :wink:
Image Image

The paste was pretty loose because of the amount of oil but it stuck to the chops pretty well.
Image Image

I started them indirect and seared at the end, thinking that the indirect heat would help set the herbs and make them less likely to fall off during the sear.

I was pretty happy with the results, although Mrs. Chicken took exception to the red pepper flakes. :wink: The chops were thick and decently marbled to begin with so they stayed nice and moist, and the herbs added another level of flavor.

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:17 am
Griffin well done
well done

Mmmm....porkchops. Looking good. Bbeen awhile since I've grilled a pork chop. Might need to fix that this week.

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:18 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks! It seems like lately I've been seeing a lot of big, meaty chops in the stores, and they're reasonably priced as well.

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:24 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Great looking chops, Brad! :cheers:

I sometimes buy a whole pork loin cut into about 20 chops or so, and this post reminds me that I ought to do so again. The price is reasonable at about a buck a chop or so, and they're always really nicely marbled too.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion