Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Food for Fire Eaters

Food for Fire Eaters

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:21 pm
JuliaBBQB User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

Ok, fire eaters, this one's for you. Do you like your barbecue extra spicy? Tomorrow is International Hot and Spicy Food Day and we think you need to celebrate. Steven gives you some recipes to jumpstart your gullet-scorching menu:

http://barbecuebible.com/2014/01/14/spicy-food/

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:10 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Add Green Lightning Shrimp to the list - it's one of my favorites and could certainly be made with spicier chiles than the jalapenos specified.

I'm caught a little shorthanded but happen to have a couple of pork chops sitting in the fridge for tonight. Mrs. Chicken's working so I think I'll do them up Hellfire T-Bone style.

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:54 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'm eating a bowl of smoked turkey jambalaya right now in fact. The kicker is: I make it with habanero sauce and lots of it, so that qualifies. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:19 pm
BBQ Deputy

I gave the pork chops a try last Thursday and they turned out to be pretty good, although I barely had enough dry mustard for them!

The hot sauce definitely held up to the heat of the charcoal so the chops made their presence known when I ate them. :lol:

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:18 pm
JuliaBBQB User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

Do you have any tips for increasing my heat tolerance? Should I do it little by little? I am a real wimp when it comes to spice.

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:45 pm
BBQ Deputy

That's how I would do it. You could try adding some red pepper flakes here and there because they'll boost the heat without necessarily altering the flavor of the food, unless it's something where the flavor of the hot sauce could potentially be complementary (chili, chicken wings, etc.).

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:15 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

JuliaBBQB wrote:
Do you have any tips for increasing my heat tolerance? Should I do it little by little? I am a real wimp when it comes to spice.

You could always buy a 6-pack of sauce from these guys - they have a good range of sauces from mild to volcanic:
http://www.denzelshotsauce.com/

I bought a 6-pack, started with the mild stuff and just worked my way up the scale. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion