Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Anyone know any good sausage, dehydrator or jerky books?

Anyone know any good sausage, dehydrator or jerky books?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I pulled out my old food dehydrator this week and it's seen better days so I've decided to get a new one. I've also got the resources to build a cold smoker so I'm kicking around the idea of building one of those as well. (Heck - I might even build my own food dehydrator too if I could just find the fan, the element and the proper controls. )

But rather than surf the net I'd rather add to the cookbook library as it gives me something to read on snowy and rainy days.

So - for those of you who make your own sausage, jerky or dehydrated foods, what books would you recommend?
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

BubbaQue well done
well done

"The Sausage Making Cookbook" by Jerry Predika.

Complete instructions and recipes for over 230 kinds of sausage.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

BubbaQue well done
well done

Anything from Bruce Aidells.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks for the advice - I'm looking for some of those books now.

How about books by Monte Burch, Rytek Kutas or A. D. Livingston - anyone read anything by them?

I'm putting together a shopping list and I'm now getting a few books in early April, as I just reorganized the library and freed up some shelf space. (That was by getting rid of my old Windows Server course material as it was a decade out of date and I've gotten new stuff since.)

Oh - and does anyone know any good books specifically on jerky or on food dehydrating? As I mentioned above, there's both a dedicated cold smoker and a food dehydrator in the works for me this year.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion