Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Olive Oil Pizza Dough

Olive Oil Pizza Dough

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:11 pm
Griffin well done
well done

This weekend, I tried the recipe for olive oil pizza dough from The New Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. Made the dough up on Thursday and even though it said it could be used that day, it went into the fridge until Saturday (thought I was going to do it Friday, but life got in the way). 1/2 lb ball for a 12" pizza which is about enough for 2 people eating moderately, maybe with a salad. Still, we made two. Used the last of the thighs we grilled up the other week. Pizzas got Alfredo sauce, artichoke hearts and bacon. Mrs. G's got mushrooms and mine got Peppadew peppers.

Egg was your basic set up. Platesetter legs down, 3 green feet and the BGE pizza stone. Temp at 550. Recipe called for 8-10 minutes, but it was more like 13-15 when it was all said and done.

Even though it took a little longer, I was pleased with the results. Crust had a nice flavor to it, a little bit of air pockets. Not to thin or to thick. Dough was easy to work with. Really wet and flowing. All you had to do was hold up a corner and let gravity do the work to stretch it out. Never used a dough this wet before for pizza. Make sure you have flour on hand and use it as it will stick to anything it touches. Oh, and we did use the parchment paper trick. I don't know that it would even be possible to slide it off a peel. That's how sticky, wet this stuff was.
Last edited by Griffin on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:59 pm
BaasPro medium
medium

Looks good, man. I've made that recipe a few times and that stuff IS hard to work with! Like you said, sticky sticky sticky. Love it for grilled pizza, though.
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:57 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's a great-looking crust! I like it when there are a few air pockets and it's not a solid sheet of dough.

Return to General Discussion