Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Superbowl Plans?

Superbowl Plans?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:21 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I'm already waiting and planning for it. If I can get them cheap enogh, I look to fire p some hot wings for this year Otherwise, I'll sbstitte the smallest leg drms I can find. Gacomole and varios chips on the side, and maybe even a pizza as well. What abot yo folks? (Sorry abot the missing vowel).
Got beer???

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:42 am
Griffin well done
well done

Haven't given it much thought yet. Still waiting to see who ends up in it. Last year we did Baltimore Pit Beef cuz...well...it was Baltimore. We'll see if I can throw a theme at this year's game.

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:42 am
BubbaQue well done
well done

Wings sound good. Since the hype/pre-game is soooo long, we probably have time to fix appetizers and a meal. Tradition would suggest sausages like brats, hot dogs, burgers, wings, and other tailgate food. If you have any left over pork, Brunswick Stew is good this time of year. Living in Florida on the Gulf, gumbo comes to mind as well. Feeds a crowd easily.

Since my Saints are out of the bowl, I don't have a dog in the hunt. I do have a grill in the fight.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:04 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It'll probably be just me and Mrs. Chicken, which means she'll put out about 10 times the amount of snacks we need and I'll make a meal that we barely touch. Whatever we have, it'll definitely be something that works well as leftovers.

Good to hear from you again, BC, even if it's you without "u". :wink:

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:48 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Glad to hear your plans guys. :D I lost my Chargers (again) to the cause this year, so I'm going to have to go with my 49ers instead here on out. I've got to make a really good trial run this Sunday.

Brad -- :lol: Thanks, likewise! Think I'm getting my "ewe" baack. Know what you mean aybout the snacks. Sigh though... sorry about our longed for match-up Bears-Chargers.
Got beer???

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:56 am
rhino260 medium-rare
medium-rare

30 racks of St. Louis style ribs
Backwoods Party w/ DigiQ
Master Forge Vertical
Weber Charcoal
We're always smoking something!

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:58 am
BBQ Deputy

30 racks? Sounds like you're having some guests...20 or more?

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:06 pm
Seattle-Q well done
well done

Just plan on smoking some Bronco offense.

Really I am hoping my immersion circulator makes in here in time for some Sous Vide steaks for the big game.

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:39 am
rhino260 medium-rare
medium-rare

I'm doing the ribs for my local Eagles Club. pre order kind of thing!
Backwoods Party w/ DigiQ
Master Forge Vertical
Weber Charcoal
We're always smoking something!

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:48 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Now that we have our teams decided, I'm thinking of pulled horse shoulder and pot brownies seeing as how both states have legalized it. Totally kidding on both ideas. Wife accepted a Superbowl invitation without telling me so I'm off the hook for cooking anything. Might bring a buffalo chicken dip, but that's it.

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:18 am
d_holck well done
well done

I went out looking for wings today, couldn't find them anywhere... drumsticks, thighs, and breasts full supply. Just no wings. Weird.
"... mmmmmmm 'bacon'."

CG Outlaw w/SFB
UDS
Old classic Weber Kettle

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:44 am
BBQ Deputy

Demand's probably been up for most of the month, what with the college bowl games at the start and the NFL playoffs going on now. And now that you mention it, I don't think I saw any the last time I browsed the chicken section, either.

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:09 pm
Seattle-Q well done
well done

I think all the wings are in the Seattle area. I went to the store this morning and I never seen so many packages of wings before in my life and it is still a week before the SB.

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:15 pm
Trollby well done
well done

Not sure yet, my wife is a huge Denver fan (Family from CO) and it is my son's B-day.

So I am thinking his choice for what we do "Most of the day" and then watch the game at home

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:22 pm
BaasPro medium
medium

I practiced for the Superbowl last night. Some good, some bad. The good was the smoked wings and eggs. We call these wings "Momma Wings" because they're the only ones Momma likes. We rub them with the Eat It & Beat It recipe from 'Barbecue Bible' (garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano) and toss them in the Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce (also from BBQ Bible) at the end. Heat underneath, sweet on top -- good combo, smoked or grilled.

The eggs were hardboiled, smoked, and dipped in a Monroe County-style BBQ sauce.

The Jalapeno/Habanero Popper w/ Prosciutto was the worst idea I've ever had, and not because of the prosciutto. Thought it would be fun to try them together and I don't know if I got two particularly hot peppers or what, but it kinda ruined my life for several hours! My ears were on fire. I didn't even know that was possible. :lol:

636b.JPG
636b.JPG (202.32 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Next

Return to General Discussion