Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Ribeyes from Haen's

Ribeyes from Haen's

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:51 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

When I was in Appleton (WI) last weekend I stopped in at Haen Meats to see what they had. The building is pretty modern and nicely organized.
Image Image Image

I picked up some brats, brat patties, andouille sausage, ribeyes, and twice-baked potatoes. The sausages went into the freezer but a couple of nights ago I grilled the steaks.

At first I was going to use just salt and pepper but decided to add some soy sauce and garlic powder because I hadn't seasoned any steaks that way for awhile.

The potatoes were made with bacon and cheese and I added a little more cheese and some butter. I used one of those individual American singles and in hindsight it was a bad choice because when the potato cooked it became very gooey, and while Mrs. Chicken likes it for her grilled cheese sandwiches she didn't like it in the potato.

I cooked them by color instead of checking for doneness, since I'll eat beef anywhere from raw to medium. :lol:

The beef was of very good quality and I'm looking forward to cooking the sausages. I like to check out local products when I'm away from home and Haen's was well worth the stop.

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:57 am
sroach well done
well done

SC,

Those Ribeye's have some beautiful color and marbling! The end result pictures looks awesome, and now I'm hungry!!!

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:37 am
phillyjazz well done
well done

Wow !! Those are BLUE !!!
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:40 am
BBQ Deputy

Yeah, they were quite rare but I just couldn't bring myself to cook them very much!

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:31 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Yeah, they were quite rare but I just couldn't bring myself to cook them very much!

You're not kidding-- Those came off the grill stunningly gorgeous, Brad! Did you enjoy the soy flavor? :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:30 am
BBQ Deputy

Definitely...soy and garlic is one of my favorite flavor combinations for beef. I can't remember where I got the idea but I saw an episode of "Julia & Jacques" where Julia Child put some soy sauce on a steak, and that would've been around the turn of the century.

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:35 am
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Yowza! SR

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:07 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Brad-- Well I'm here to join you. You know, when I make my marinade for beef jerky, I use soy and garlic, even Worcestershire as well. Speaking of which, a few days ago, I made some out of tritip. Best jerky I ever mzde! :cheers:
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion