Board index Barbecue Board Ask Steven brisket sausage

brisket sausage

Do you have burning questions that need to be answered? A live-fire dilemma that needs to be solved? There are no secrets between grill masters. So I give you “Ask Steven,” a new forum, where you can ask me anything about food and flame. Post your questions here, and I’ll respond as quickly as I can, though at times, because I’m traveling around Planet Barbecue (and you can ask me about these adventures too), it might take me a couple of days to reply.
Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Steven
In a post a while back, you posted something about brisket sausage? In one of your books, does there happen to be a recipe for it? It sounded good and I was searching for a recipe. Also a recipe for rib-eye sausage, that I have had out of a small shop on I10 some where around East if Lake Charles.

Thanks for any help
Cheers
David

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:07 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

It was something my son makes at his Brooklyn restaurant Der Kommissar. He grinds brisket with barbecue spices and cooks the brats in a smoker. You could take it one step further and fold chunks of smoked brisket into the ground sausage meat. Save some for me for dinner.

Return to Ask Steven