Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Weekend plans?

Weekend plans?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:26 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Woohoo...it's finally Friday! After being on vacation last week this week's gone by a bit slowly...

Anybody have any smoking or grilling plans for the weekend? Mrs. Chicken's birthday is tomorrow so I told her it was her choice to eat at home or go out, but I'm thinking about another Jucy Lucy spinoff for Sunday.

Post Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:42 pm
BubbaQue well done
well done

Keeping it simple. Grilled chicken breast with lemon and sundried tomato Orzo. I'm going to try a Weber chicken seasoning.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:43 pm
Trollby well done
well done

Doing Chicken wings on the new weber

Post Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:37 pm
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

Setting up deer camp (opener is next weekend here on the west coast). It's 104 degrees up there right now. But it's a "dry" heat. :P I bought a Pit Barrel cooker (www.pitbarrelcooker.com) for up there so I'll be taking it for a spin tomorrow night. 3 racks of ribs, 2 chickens and a trip tip. Should be quite a work out. Here it is newly arrived at the office:

36" Argentine Grill
WSM 22.5, Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber Performer
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:41 am

Finally got settled into new house after about a 2 month move. Broke out the new offset smoker and did a pork shoulder this evening. Turned out nice, but I need to get used to the new rig. Ribs planned for Sun.

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:51 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Congrats on the new cooker, Scorch...it looks like it should be right at home in a hunting camp!

That's interesting that deer season starts so early out there. How long does it run? Do you have separate seasons for bow, rifle, and black powder?

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:45 am
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

We have an earlier season for bow and black powder, the regular coastal season runs through the end of September, so it's about 6 weeks. The cooker worked great, need to get it dialed in in the next few cooks. By the time duck season starts in October I should have it down pretty good. That thing is a real set-it-and-forget-it cooker. I did 3 racks of ribs, 2 split chickens and a trip tip in it all at once. Mighty tasty. You don't mess with the heat, just the time.
36" Argentine Grill
WSM 22.5, Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber Performer
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:43 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

My "weekend" is on Day 3 out of 9 - I took some vacation time to do some renovations and a bit of fishing so I'll see what I come up with. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion