Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Books falling apart

Books falling apart

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:22 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Does anyone else have a problem with Steve's books falling apart? Nerarly all of mine have terrible bindings. Of course, the content is great but Steve's publisher robbed him on the bindings IMHO. Sure books will have this problem if used enough but I don't think I've been any more rough on these books as others yet they are all falling apart.

Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:21 pm
GrillGuy rare
rare

my How to Grill book is in many, many pieces :cry:
i own the rest of his books though, and they're still holding together so far. weird because the How to Grill book is the one i use the least.

Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:41 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I've had 'How to Grill' for about three months now. I can already tell that the binding is breaking even though I carefully open it and do not crease it open to a page. I wish HTG was a spiral bound book. I love my HTG book so I guess I'll have to put it in a photo album when it disintegrates like GrillGuy's. :(

Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:58 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

I've not had a problem with the books that I have, and I'm always opening them. I suppose that if mine started falling apart beyond control, I would consider using a hole punch and binder type of storage if necessary....hope it doesn't get to that.

Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:45 am
dkirn well done
well done

Unfortunately I have had the same problem - especially with How to Grill. I have been careful with it from the start, but it has not helped. I have checked with a local printer to see if he can spiral bind it for me and he said he needs to send it out but it should be able to be done for about $8. I wish Steven would offer a sprial bound version for all of us that use these books often.

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:19 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I've upgraded my books to the hardcover versions and haven't had a problem.

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:26 pm
dkirn well done
well done

I have never seen the hardcover versions.... where did you find them??

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:10 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Although, I don't have hardcover books, www.amazon.com/ advertises both paperback and hardcover books through this site. Click on "store". I thought seriously about the hardcover books being more durable, but went with paperback anyway.

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:10 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I buy most anything from Amazon. I can't stand Wal-Mart.
Hit Amazon, you'll find them. Look closely and you'll see where you can get a package with two books for a reduced price.

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:49 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Hey Grand Scale thanks for the word. If mine get in real bad shape that is a good option.

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:21 pm
jeff raw
raw

Well, I also like to buy from Amazon... but I recently came across this site:http://www.newbookscheap.com and I am tempted to give it a try... you know, give the small businessman a chance and all...

He has some unbelievable testimonies... slightly worrying actually. No seriously, the site looks legit. Anyone have any experience here??

Jeff

Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:06 am
dkirn well done
well done

Thanks to all for the tip on Amazon

Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:51 pm
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

As a sidenote, we've got all of Steven's books listed (hardcover and paperback) in the Store on this site!

Info

Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:24 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

But Steve's store kicks you to Amazon anyway!!
It would be cool to get a discount by buying them here.

Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:38 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Way Cool! That would be a great benifit for members of the board and would also encourage membership. And to encourage participation they could offer a better discount for each flame you have!!! :D :D :D

Next

Return to General Discussion