x

The Best BBQ Delivered to You!

Sign up here for Steven’ Raichlen’s weekly Up in Smoke e-newsletter (and get a free ‘Best Burgers’ e-book!).

Menu

General

WEEKNIGHT GRILLING

WHAT DOES STEVEN GRILL ON A TYPICAL WEEKNIGHT?
WEEKNIGHT GRILLING.jpg

A lot of you ask if I grill every night. I’d say I grill 4 or 5 times a week. The other nights, I’m either traveling or doing research.
But it isn’t all smoked briskets, porchetta, or even “caveman” T-bones. Most of the time, we eat pretty simply. The photo above shows a typical Raichlen weeknight dinner: grilled organic chicken breasts seasoned with Best of Barbecue Mediterranean Rub. It’s the one with rosemary, mint, and hot pepper flakes, among other things, and yes, I really do use my own products. Find the rub here: http://www.grilling4all.com/sm8058.html Just copy and paste into your browser.
Accompanying the chicken are garnet yams, which I direct grill over a medium fire, turning them often with tongs. They develop a wonderful smoke-roasted flavor and a creamy texture.
Last is broccolini roasted with shallots and one of Nancy’s fabulous extra virgin olive oils. We are really into roasting vegetables in a pan on the grill these days.
So there you have it–simple, healthy, flavorful. Sometimes grilling doesn’t have to be complicated to be awesome.