Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion New Here..

New Here..

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:18 am
fnnm358 well done
well done

welcome monk hope you enjoy the board I havent done any plank cooking as of yet but i am sure someone will be along that has. by the way what do you cook with?

Keep it smokey

Ed

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:32 am
fnnm358 well done
well done

sorry to about the grill, nothing wrong with the equipment you do have like you said you can always get something bigger if needed. Well glad you are here now lets see what we can learn about plank cooking. what did you want to cook on a plank? this will help when someone else comes along

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:56 am
Longmill well done
well done

Welcome monk! Glad you've joined us. :)

I, too, am sorry to hear that someone swiped your father's pit. Grrrrrrrrr, makes me so mad :evil: every time I hear about something like this.

My 2-cents..... :) The size or cost of a pit isn't important if it does what you want/need for it to do for you. Over the years, I've eaten some fine meals from those disposable aluminum foil grills, $20 tabletop Sunbeam gasser, and even a grate set on a few rocks. Even today, for some cooks, I'd rather have a small grill (habachi) than to fire up the CG, for example.

While I haven't done it yet, there are a number of folks here who've used planks. So, the advice should be forthcoming soon. I do want to do some, too, so I'll be reading those replies right along with you. :wink:

Again, welcome!

Longmill
CharGriller Super Pro SFB
Charcoal GOSM
Sunbeam gas grill

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:01 am
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome to the board, Monk!

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:11 am
Longmill well done
well done

Here's one of several threads on the plates.

http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/view ... nse+plates

If you run into problems, let us know.

Tip: Sometimes a profile change won't post. The usual problem is too many characters in the signature block. Keep your plate file name short which will give you more characters for other use.

Longmill
CharGriller Super Pro SFB
Charcoal GOSM
Sunbeam gas grill

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:24 am
Cuts With Spoon well done
well done

Welcome, Monk.
This is a great place with lots of friendly and helpful folks.

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:34 am
smokin' ed medium-well
medium-well

monk wrote:
great site. tons of info. I think I will enjoy this forum.. quick question..any of you folks do any plank cooking by chance? see ya on the board.
Monk

A friend of mine would always smoke fish on a plank. He swore by it - said the plank imparted a unique taste to the fish that complimented the smoke. I didn't taste it, but his fish was always excellent!

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:09 am
GrillPimp medium-well
medium-well

I just recently started doing Salmon on cedar planks...and loved it. Veyr simple. Not sure about the pine board you are using....first ive heard of it.

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:18 pm
GrillPimp medium-well
medium-well

HaHa...i was wondering.

Easy mistake though...check out the pacific planked salmon recipe http://www.bbqu.net/season2/204.html#planked_salmon I tried it 2 weekends ago and was floored by how good it turned out.

Next

Return to General Discussion