Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion brisket perfection !!

brisket perfection !!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:41 pm
CharFace medium
medium

Looks great!

Makes me rethink why I am taking the weekend off from the Chargriller
I always tell the truth, even when I lie...

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:43 pm
outagas well done
well done

Smoky,

Nice work. Give us the cooking details - rub, cooking temp, time, meat temp, foil, etc. Did you do something different than normal?

Jim
"El método del Su Excelencia, el Rey Minion"

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:27 am
unit880 well done
well done

You must be on the lake. I heard on the news that you got some snow. Nothing here NW of C-bus.

Nice looking piece of meat...

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:48 am
copkid well done
well done

Looks wonderful! Isn't it nice to have something turn out exactly or better than you had hoped? You can keep the snow, though! :lol:
Laura

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:00 am
Delaware Smoker well done
well done

Where's mine?Glad your brisket turned out soooooooooooo good.Snow in Nov. 8) Here in Del.,temps are going back into the 60's.Just what we need,with deer season opening up this Fri. :?
Bill
Delaware Smoker
CG w/sfb
Royal Oak Grill

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:20 pm
MemphisMike medium
medium

not much of a smoke ring if you ask me
Weber Kettle 22 1/2
CharBroil 3 burner w/ side
New Braunfel w/ sfb
10 ft. Competition Rig - "The Beast"
La Caja China

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:49 pm
outagas well done
well done

MemphisMike wrote:
not much of a smoke ring if you ask me

Please keep your comments positive. This is not a competition.

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:43 pm
jamesstew well done
well done

Nice pics, never tried a brisket in a pan before. What do you do with the drippings?
Also is it just me or does the smell of barbecue cooking seem to carry further and smell better in chilly air?

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:56 pm
copkid well done
well done

jamesstew wrote:
Nice pics, never tried a brisket in a pan before. What do you do with the drippings?
Also is it just me or does the smell of barbecue cooking seem to carry further and smell better in chilly air?

Absolutely the smell is better!!
I too use a foil pan, mostly do chuck roasts though, and I pour the dripping over the meat after slicing. I'm sure you could make it into a thicker gravy if you wanted too. Like after cooking a turkey.
Laura

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:35 pm
outagas well done
well done

Do you start it in the pan, or put it in later? Does the pan limit smoke penetration to the brisket?

I've been meaning to try the high temperature brisket that has been discussed at the Virtual Bullet website. That one is finished in foil.

jrp
"El método del Su Excelencia, el Rey Minion"

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:15 pm
MQLon raw
raw

Hey, looks like we are neighbors. Which part of the snow belt do you live in? I’m in Painesville.

Bummed I did not get a chance to smoke anything this weekend. The kids asked for some ribs but didn’t have the time to do them. On the bright side, I cut up a Cherry tree that blew over in last weeks wind storm. Still have two Cherry limbs from another tree and an Oak on the ground to cut up. I’ll have plenty of wood to cook with next summer. There must be something wrong with me, the whole time I was cutting the tree I was thinking about the great BBQ I will be having next year rather than the amount of work I have to do. :lol:

Next

Return to General Discussion