Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Thermometers Galore.

Thermometers Galore.

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:12 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

You guys looking for pit therms. check this out.

www.thebbqguru.com/thermometers.htm

Great deal!

Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:35 am
Zeke rare
rare

Thanks for the tips here and on the other thread!

Spending all day on this board yesterday got me real hungry, so I set out to my butcher this morning and picked up some baby back ribs and chicken thighs. I took the thermometer from my Brinkmann and slid it through the vent holes on my Weber where I indirect grilled the meat. I'm not sure how correct the temperature reading was, but the food turned out great.

I made a mop out of Cider Vinegar, Jim Beam, a cut up apple, salt, pepper, tabasco and a serrano pepper....and served it with some sauce from Fat Matt's Rib Shack in Atlanta that I heated on the grill grate.

While I'm trying to get to the point where guaging temperature and doneness is done by instinct - using the thermometer really is a big help.

What do people think about using the thermometer through the vent holes on a Weber 22"?

Cheers,
Zeke
"Life is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind - it doesn't matter"

Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:47 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It's not very accurate. The foods a way's down there where the temps are different.

Having said that, if you do the same thing every time and get good results using the temps taken at the vent then keep doing it. As long as you know that 350 or what ever your reading is equals 200 something at the grate your in business. Just TAKE NOTES (see the thread on keeping a bbq log for info.

Rob

Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:30 am
Vinsect well done
well done

Anyone know anyone who's tried one of the Barbecue Guru Thermostats? I've been wanting one.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Return to General Discussion