Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Mother's Day Cookout

Mother's Day Cookout

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon May 10, 2004 9:56 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Well folks, I had the oportunity to cook for over a hundred mothers this weekend. We had a Mother's Day banquet at our church this weekend. I was involve in grilling about 500 chicken breasts on an 12' grill and smoked 4 crates of potatoes in two trailer mounted smokers. We had another crew cooking corn, green beans, & rice indoors but I prefer the outdoors!!! The weather was great. Light, cool breeze, mostly cloudy morning and about 75 degrees. Aside from pulling my back again :( , I had a great time :D .

Post Mon May 10, 2004 6:27 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Sorry to hear about the back Bob.
I can totally sympathize with you (I also have back problems). I often run those functions at my church and I always get very exhausted afterwards, but I love every minute of it. I’m glad it went well for you. :D

Post Mon May 10, 2004 10:51 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Bob,

Nice job. Geeze and I thought I smoke a lot with a couple of racks of ribs, some trout, salmon and scallops. Your post maked me hungry, again. :lol:

Post Tue May 11, 2004 9:09 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

The owner's of both trailer rigs said I could borrow them sometime. I may have to take them up on the offer. I'd like to try flying one solo before purchasing one :D . (I'm starting to like the "Entertainer" by Gator Pits) (((Still trying to sell that land to get the money for it!!!)))

Post Tue May 11, 2004 1:51 pm
smokyblues well done
well done

The entertainer looks like a quality smoker. Take a look at www.bbqpits.biz They have some nice smokers for good prices.
Weber Performer
Weber One Touch Silver
Oklahoma Joe's 20" Barrel Smoker aka "Betty"

Keep it Smokey

Post Tue May 11, 2004 2:14 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Yea, took a look at it last month when you posted it under the "Choosin a Smoker/Grill" discussion. They have some nice pits and I bookmarked the site for comparison shopping. Thanks again.

(They have almost the same URL as Klose Pits)

Post Tue May 11, 2004 2:21 pm
smokyblues well done
well done

How do they compare, price wise, with Gator pits? The gator cookers seem to have more features, slide out trays, multiple temp. guages, etc. What other sites have you looked at for trailer smokers?
Weber Performer
Weber One Touch Silver

Keep it Smokey

Post Tue May 11, 2004 2:38 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I believe Gator might be a little cheaper, but it's hard to compare as each manufacture has different sizes and features. At looking at tiny pictures over the Internet doesn't make it any easier. I would like to take a trip to Houston to see them in person.

Here are some links, some are just in there for comparison:

www.brushboss.com/smoke.html
www.austinnationalsmokers.com
www.gatorpit.net/products.htm
www.barbecuen.com/smokermanuf.htm
www.theperfectfire.com/BBQ_Pits.html
www.bbqpits.com
www.bbqpits.biz
www.trampolinesales.com/bbqsmokers.htm
www.pigroast.com/index.html
www.outlawsmokers.com/BBQ_double_door.htm
www.pittsandspitts.com/productlist.html
www.bbqcookoff.com

Hope this helps in your quest!

Post Tue May 11, 2004 3:48 pm
smokyblues well done
well done

What are charging for the Gator entertainer? I am looking for a 24" diameter 6' cooking chamber, 24" firebox and a vertical warming stack. I would think that the cookers on bbqpits.biz would be cheaper than the gator pits. by the pics the gator seem nicer.
Weber Performer
Weber One Touch Silver

Keep it Smokey

Post Tue May 11, 2004 4:09 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

The stock price for the "Entertainer" quoted to me at the first of the year was $4,200.00, which, of course, doesn't include the cost of upgrades and accessories! With everyone talking about the steep increase in steel prices so the base price may have gone up as well.

Post Tue May 11, 2004 4:17 pm
smokyblues well done
well done

I e-mailed them and they are sending me a catalog with prices so I will know soon enough. Thanks for the help Bob
Weber Performer
Weber One Touch Silver

Keep it Smokey

Return to General Discussion