From BBQ Wiki
- Very large pieces of meat, such as brisket, prime rib, pork shoulder, leg of lamb, turkey, and capon: 12 to 24 hours.
- Large pieces of meat, such as beef and pork tenderloins, pork loins, rack and but- terflied leg of lamb, and whole chickens; large whole fish: 6 to 12 hours.
- Medium-size pieces of meat, such as porterhouse steaks, double-cut pork chops, and chicken halves or quarters; small whole fish: 3 to 8 hours.
- Medium-to-small pieces of meat, such as steaks, pork and lamb chops, and bone-in chicken breasts or legs; fish steaks, tofu, portobello mushrooms and other vegeta- bles: 1 to 3 hours.
- Small pieces of meat, such as boneless chicken breasts; fish fillets and shrimp: 15 minutes to 2 hours.