Episode 306: Where's the Smoke
Cherry SalsaSteven Raichlen
Use this recipe with Cherry-Smoked Duck Breasts.
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 3 cups pitted fresh cherries (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 fresh poblano chile
- 1 to 2 jalapeno or serrano chiles
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 small red onion (about 1/3 cup chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint or cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, or to taste
Step 1: Combine the ingredients for the salsa in a mixing bowl and gently toss to mix. Correct the seasoning, adding lime juice or sugar to taste. This salsa tastes best served within 1 hour of mixing.
Our thanks to the sponsors of Project Smoke Season 3:
Steven Raichlen’s Project Smoke is a production of Maryland Public Television, Barbacoa, Inc., and Resolution Pictures. © 2017 Barbacoa, Inc.