Episode 209: Smoke in a Hurry
Ember-Roasted CornSteven Raichlen
Lay the corn in the husk directly on the embers of a charcoal fire.
More Grilled Corn Recipes to Try:
- Avocado and Corn Salsa
- Grilled Corn Pudding
- Grilled Asparagus and Corn Salad with Charred Lemon Vinaigrette
- Yield: Serves 4
- Method: Roasting in the embers
- 4 ears of corn in the husks
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon your favorite barbecue rub
Step 1: Build a charcoal fire and rake out the embers. Lay the corn in the husk directly on the embers. Char on all sides, until the husk burns through and you see golden brown kernels. This will take 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Step 2: Meanwhile, melt the butter.
Step 3: Transfer the corn to a heatproof serving platter. Using a stiff brush or knife, scrape off the burned husk and silk. Brush the corn with the butter. Sprinkle with barbecue rub and serve at once.