Episode 309: BBQ's Trinity
Fette Sau’s Coffee RubSteven Raichlen
Use this rub with BBQ Titans’ Brisket.
Fette Sau’s Coffee Rub
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 1-1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup ground espresso coffee beans
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
Step 1: Place the sugar, coffee, salt, pepper, garlic, cinnamon, cumin, and cayenne in a mixing bowl and mix well, breaking up any lumps in the sugar with your fingers. Store in a sealed jar away from heat and light. The rub will keep for several weeks.
Our thanks to the sponsors of Project Smoke Season 3:
Steven Raichlen’s Project Smoke is a production of Maryland Public Television, Barbacoa, Inc., and Resolution Pictures. © 2017 Barbacoa, Inc.