Hoisin Barbecue SauceSteven Raichlen
Hoisin Barbecue Sauce
- Yield: Makes 1 1/4 cups
- 3/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine, sake, or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian (dark) sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced scallion white
Step 1: Combine the hoisin sauce, rice wine, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, cilantro, ginger, and scallion in a saucepan and gently simmer over medium-low heat until thickened and richly flavored, 4 to 6 minutes, stirring from time to time to prevent scorching.
Step 2: Let the sauce cool to room temperature before serving.
This sauce goes with Pork Belly Steamed Buns.
Find This Recipe
The Barbecue! Bible
Steven Raichlen’s Barbecue! Bible offers the biggest collection of barbecue recipes and grilling recipes ever developed.Buy Now ‣