Melon-Mint RelishSteven Raichlen
This Melon-Mint Relish pairs perfectly with Salt Slab-Grilled Rockfish. The fruity flavors of the relish adds freshness to the grilled fish.
More Relish and Fruit Salsa Recipes:
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 cups mixed cantaloupe and honeydew, or other ripe melons, rind removed, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1⁄4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely diced (for a spicier relish leave the seeds in)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
Step 1: Combine the lime juice and sugar in a bowl and stir or whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients and gently toss to mix. Serve within a few hours of making.
Our thanks to the sponsors of Project Smoke Season 3:
Steven Raichlen’s Project Smoke is a production of Maryland Public Television, Barbacoa, Inc., and Resolution Pictures. © 2017 Barbacoa, Inc.