Episode 210: Tropical Smoke
Sauce Chien (“Dog Sauce”)Steven Raichlen
Sauce Chien (“Dog Sauce”)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives or scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh onion or scallion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 scotch bonnet or habanero chile, seeded and minced (for spicier sauce, leave the seeds in)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Coarse salt (kosher or sea) and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Step 1: Place the chives, onion, parsley, garlic, chile, lime juice, and olive oil in a mixing bowl and whisk to mix.
Step 2: Whisk in the hot water, followed by salt and pepper to taste. The sauce should be highly seasoned.
Serve with Buccaneer Chicken.