Steven Raichlen's Barbecue! Bible

Posts Tagged ‘Memorial Day’

10 Steps to the Perfect Burger

10 Steps to the Perfect Burger

May 28 is coming fast and you know what that means: National Hamburger Day. Not that anyone in this community needs inducement to put America’s favorite ground meat to the fire. The stats are in and not steak, not bratwurst, not ribs, but burgers top the list of our favorite foods on the grill for Memorial Day. So here’s the question: What constitutes the perfect burger? For me, it starts with a live fire (preferably wood) to produce a perfectly charred, deftly seasoned crust and a juicy interior that contrasts perfectly with a soft,...

Read more →

The 6 Indispensable Tools You Need to Rock This Grilling Season Now

The 6 Indispensable Tools You Need to Rock This Grilling Season Now

Tradition holds that Memorial Day marks the start of America’s barbecue season. Tradition hasn’t logged into BarbecueBible.com. In our tribe, everyday is barbecue day, and most of us have been grilling for months (if not nonstop since last Memorial Day). Two months ago, we told you how to spring clean your grill and get it in top working order. Today, we’ll review the essential tools you need for grilling. Relax. Of the literally hundreds of accessories and gadgets on the market,...

Read more →

A Memorial Day Menu Straight From the Grill

A Memorial Day Menu Straight From the Grill

Photo by Flickr/curtis.kennington Memorial Day already? Believe it or not, many people consider this holiday the start of grilling season. But not this community. Most of us here at BarbecueBible.com have been grilling for months already—if not all year long. And given this winter—with its record snows and polar vortexes—that’s no small accomplishment. This Memorial Day, I’m building my family’s menu around dishes that have become near and dear...

Read more →

Hot Stuff

Get Ready for Memorial Day!

Get Ready for Memorial Day!

Memorial Day weekend is almost here! You may not be surprised to learn that this is the second biggest grilling day of the year (eclipsed only by the Fourth of July). According to the HPBA (Hearth, Patio, and Barbecue Association), 56 percent of Americans will fire up their grills. As for the other 44 percent, well, someone has to bring the beer. What may surprise you is that for some Americans, Memorial Day marks the start of barbecue season. Not for this barbecue community,...

Read more →