About the First Three Episodes of Steven Raichlen’s Project Smoke
All recipes and episode descriptions are available at StevenRaichlen.com.
101. Smoking 101
How to harness the flavor-enhancing power of smoke, starting with the essential techniques of hot smoking, cold smoking, and smoke-roasting, using an electric smoker, offset smoker, and upright barrel smoker.
• Cold-Smoked Scallops with Smoked Tomatoes and Jicama Mango Salsa
• Smoke-Roasted Chicken with Horseradish Dip
• Smoked Baby Back Ribs with Prickly Pear Barbecue Sauce
102. Shoulders and Bellies
If you want to enjoy the perfect ratio of crust to meat to fat, smoke a shoulder or belly. We show you how with a ceramic cooker, offset smoker, electric smoker, and handheld smoking device.
• Barbecued Pork Belly
• House-Cured Pastrami
• Barbecued Lamb Shoulder with Black Dip
• Smoked Manhattan
103. Surf Meets Turf
A Project Smoke makeover of an American smoked classic, with innovative techniques such as reverse searing and Chinese tea smoking.
• Smoked Shrimp Cocktail with Chipotle Orange Cocktail Sauce
• Smoked Planked Trout with Caper Dill Sauce
• Reverse Seared Tri-Tip with Smoked Tomato Salsa
• Tea-Smoked Duck with Hoisin Barbecue Sauce