Introducing Our New Planet Barbecue™ Pastrami Bacon
Quick: What are America’s favorite cured, smoked meats? The first would be bacon. The second, pastrami.
They’ve come together in our latest ready to heat-and-eat meat: Planet Barbecue™ pastrami-style seasoned bacon.
We teamed up with America’s premium natural bacon manufacturer, Pederson’s Natural Farms, to make a rich smoky bacon fragrant with the spices of America’s favorite delicatessen meats.
So, what will you find in our pastrami bacon?
- Meaty pork bellies from vegetarian, humanely-raised hogs
- A traditional brine flavored with salt, pepper, garlic, and other pastrami seasonings
- A spicy crust of crushed coriander seed and cracked black peppercorns
- The fragrant smoke flavor that comes from smoking with natural hardwoods
- And bacon sliced thick enough to really sink your teeth into
What you won’t find in our pastrami bacon is equally important:
- No antibiotics, preservatives, or growth hormones
- No synthetic nitrates or nitrites
Instead, we use the natural curing properties found in celery seed to acquire our bacon’s inviting color and rich umami taste.
So, what’s the best way to cook our pastrami bacon? In a skillet, on a plancha, in the oven, in the microwave, or my personal favorite method: directly on the grill.
And the best way to serve it?
- With bacon and eggs for breakfast.
- With lettuce and tomatoes on grilled bread to make an unforgettable BLT.
- With sauerkraut and Gruyère cheese to make the ultimate Reuben sandwich.
- Wrap it around dates, prunes, or shrimp to make an amazing grilled appetizer.
- Dip it in Cheddar melted in beer for incredible cheese fondue.
- Who knows? I might even eat it for dessert. (Here’s the recipe for my bacon bourbon apple crisp.)
Planet Barbecue™ Pastrami Bacon. It’s not just for breakfast!
What will YOU do with your pastrami bacon? Breakfast dish? Sandwich? Bacon weave? Send us a photo and brief recipe on social media. I’ll pick my favorite and send you the Raichlen book of your choice!