Cattle Drive SteaksSteven Raichlen
T-bone or porterhouse steaks are seasoned with cold brew coffee and a smoky coffee rub. An easy steak recipe.
Other Steak Recipes:
- Caveman Tri-Tip with Ember Salsa
- Cherry-Smoked Strip Steak with Cutting Board Sauce
- Sear and Slide Beef Tomahawks with Bearnaise Butter
Cattle Drive Steaks
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons cold brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 T-bone or porterhouse steaks, each at least 1 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons Project Smoke Santa Fe Rub
Step 1: Combine the coffee and oil in a bowl. Brush each steak on both sides with this mixture and season generously with the rub.
Step 2: Set up the grill for direct grilling and brush and oil the grill grate.
Step 3: Grill the steaks over high heat, turning once, until nicely seared and medium-rare, about 4 minutes per side. Let rest for 3 minutes before serving.