Charred Lemon AioliSteven Raichlen
Charred Lemon Aioli
- Yield: Makes 1 cup
- 2 large cloves garlic, grilled on a toothpick or skewer, if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (sea or kosher)
- 1 cup mayonnaise, preferably Hellmann’s or Best Foods
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons grilled lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Step 1: Place the grilled garlic and salt in the bottom of a mixing bowl and mash to a paste with the back of a wooden spoon.
Step 2: Whisk in the mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, and pepper.
Step 3: If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate until using. The aioli will keep for at least 3 days.
Try this with Grilled Artichokes with Charred Lemon Aioli
Our thanks to the sponsors of Project Fire Season 1:
Steven Raichlen’s Project Fire is a production of Maryland Public Television, Barbacoa, Inc., and Resolution Pictures. © 2018 Barbacoa, Inc.