Cilantro ChimichurriSteven Raichlen
Original recipe courtesy of @annarossiofficial
- 1 bunch of cilantro, about 2 heaping cups of well-rinsed leaves and stems
- 1/3 cup shallot, minced and divided
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice (red wine vinegar is also nice)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
1: Coarsely chop the cilantro, leaves and stems. Reserve about ¼ cup and place the rest in a small food processor.
2: Add the shallot, reserving about 2 tablespoons.
3: Add the garlic, extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Pulse/blend on high for about 20 seconds or until smooth. Taste. Adjust the seasoning with more salt, pepper and lime juice, if necessary.
4: Pour into a small bowl and stir in the reserved cilantro and shallot. Serve at room temperature with grilled meat, seafood and veggies.