Creamy Caesar Dressing for SaladSteven Raichlen
The genius of this dressing lies in combining seemingly discordant ingredients — garlic, anchovies, sharp Parmesan cheese — into a harmonious whole.
Creamy Caesar Dressing for Salad
- Yield: 3/4 cup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets, rough chopped, or 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Pecorino-Romano cheese (about 1-1/2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Step 1: If using a blender, add all of the ingredients and puree to a smooth creamy dressing. Correct the seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Step 2: If using a food processor, add the garlic, anchovy, mustard, mayonnaise, and cheese and grind to a paste. Gradually work in the olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
Find This Recipe
Steven Raichlen, a national barbecue treasure and author of The Barbecue! Bible, How to Grill, and other books in the Barbecue! Bible series, embarks on a quest to find the soul of American barbecue, from barbecue-belt classics-Lone Star Brisket, Lexington Pulled Pork, K.C. Pepper Rub, Tennessee Mop Sauce-to the grilling genius of backyards, tailgate parties, […]Buy Now ‣