Creole Mustard SauceSteven Raichlen
Horseradish, hot sauce, and mustard give this slather sauce plenty of fire power. One good brand of Creole mustard is Zatarain’s, from Louisiana.
Creole Mustard Sauce
- Yield: Makes 1 cup
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, preferably Hellmann’s or Best Foods
- 1/4 cup Creole mustard
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced celery
- 3 tablespoons minced green olives
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
Step 1: Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to mix.
Step 2: Any leftover sauce will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
Try this with Hedgehog Hot Dogs.
Find This Recipe
Cutting-Edge Techniques and Sizzling Recipes from the Caveman Porterhouse to Salt Slab Brownie S’Mores Where There’s Smoke, There’s Fire. An electrifying new approach by the man who literally wrote the bible on barbecue. Cutting edge techniques meet time-honed traditions in 100 boldly flavored recipes that will help you turbocharge your game at the grill. Here’s […]Buy Now ‣