Dry ChimichurriSteven Raichlen
This Dry Chimichurri is a great way to marinate skirt steak for several hours or overnight. It also helps break down some of the meat fibers to tenderize the skirt steak.
- Yield: Makes about ¾ cup
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea), or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
1: Place the olive oil, wine vinegar, and spices in a mixing bowl and whisk to mix. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and/or black pepper as necessary. The chimichurri will keep, tightly covered in the refrigerator, for at least 3 days.